W3N 2023 conference organizer ZenFrog Lab OÜ is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy in compliance with Europe’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
ZenFrog Lab OÜ is a limited company (Eng. Ltd), founded with a purpose to develop, support and advise on Web3 innovation and Web 3.0 technology fields and related technologies, to accelerate the tech innovation and technology ecosystems by organizing and conducting conferences dedicated to the fields of Web3 technology and related technologies (hereinafter W3N 2023).
The office of the organizer is in Narva, Estonia. The registered office address is Linda 2 tn, Narva, 20309 Estonia.
What data do we collect and retain?
- We collect and retain the following personal data:
- Your first and last name
- The name of the company you work for
- The country you come from
- Your email address
- Your phone number
- The category in which you fall under – speaker, web3 company, investor, media, student, startup
- Postal code
We may also collect (anonymous) feedback, comments, and questions received from you in communications and activities related to the services, such as meetings, phone calls, documents, emails, and post-conference surveys.
On our website, we may collect the IP address and activities taken on the website.
If you choose to purchase a conference ticket from us, we, our ticketing provider and/or our third-party payment processors shall collect your payment information. W3N 2023 does not collect or process any special categories of personal data such as publicly available unique identifiers or sensitive personal data.
In addition, W3N 2023 has the right to publish the names stated herein at W3N 2023 website and its social media pages.
Photography, recording, streaming and other media
You may not broadcast audio or video of sessions at W3N 2023 conference. Mobile devices and cameras are allowed at the event. It is allowed to take photos and record for purposes of your company or annual reports, your company media pieces, marketing and promo materials. You are responsible for compliance with all applicable intellectual property, privacy and publicity laws, rules and regulations.
W3N 2023 has the right to film, photograph and capture you with any media at W3N 2023 conference without any further approval or any payment to you.
All the content at W3N 2023 website (www.w3n.ee) belongs to W3N 2023. Using, copying or spreading the content in any way is not allowed without written permission issued by W3N 2023 except for personal, non-commercial use.
W3N 2023 gives permission for one-time reference on published content under the following conditions:
Three (3) sentences can be used to refer to the content that has appeared on the w3n.ee page;
Refereed sentences must contain a reference to the w3n.ee page and a link to the web address of the content to be referenced. If the content referred to is not available on the web, the link must be directed to https://w3n.ee. At the end of the publication, there must be another reference to the original article written as “For more go to w3n.ee”.
When do we collect your personal data?
- You use our website
- You purchase a conference ticket
- You sign up for our newsletter via website or ticketing provider
- You sign up for our newsletter using our newsletter sign-up form
- You sign up for media accreditation via our media accreditation application form
- You sign up to be a conference volunteer via our volunteer sign-up form
We collect your personal data when:
Why do we collect and use your personal data?
We collect and use your personal data mainly to keep you informed of W3N 2023 conference news and updates, to send you information regarding the purchased ticket(s), and to perform direct sales of W3N 2023 conference tickets further on.
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To send you marketing communications that you have requested. These may include information and updates about the W3N 2023 conference itself (e.g., venue, side activities, related content, conference program and any other relevant details about the conference), our conference tickets, our conference sponsors, promotions related to our conference and tickets and promotions of our associated sponsors and partners’ products or services. This communication is based on subscription and requires your consent
- To send you information about your conference ticket(s) that you have purchased from us
- To perform direct sales activities in cases where legitimate and mutual interest is established
- To notify you about any problems or disruptions related to the W3N 2023 conference
Most of our services do not require any kind of registration, which allows you to visit our website without telling us who you are. However, some services – such as purchasing our conference tickets, registering as a volunteer, and media accreditation – shall require you to provide us with your personal data. In this case, if you choose to withhold any of the personal data we request, you may not be able to access certain parts of our website (for example, the payment confirmation page), subscribe to relevant activities and for us to answer you on your queries.
- Improve our service
- Improve user experience
- Analyze and improve our content
- Analyze how our website is being used
- Analyze and monitor conversions of our ticket sales
This information is used to make our website work more efficiently, as well as to provide business and marketing information to W3N 2023, and to collect such personal data as browser type and operating system, referring page, path through site, domain of Internet Service Provider (ISP), etc. for the purposes of understanding how visitors use our website. Cookies and similar technologies help us tailor our website to your personal needs, as well as to detect and prevent security threats and abuse. If used alone, cookies and web beacons do not personally identify you.
The only way to completely “opt out” of the collection of any information through cookies or other tracking technologies is to actively manage the settings on your browser or mobile device. If you are using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, here are the links to help you with your cookie management:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
For all other browsers and mobile devices, please refer to the relevant technical information of your browser and mobile device for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies as well as other tracking/recording tools.
If you would like to learn more about cookies, clear gifs/web beacons and related technologies, you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org and/or the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources at http://www.networkadvertising.org.
Legal basis for collecting your personal data
Collecting personal data based on consent
The collection of your personal data based on consent shall be done using consent forms. Consent forms are legal documents that serve as written permission to send or receive information. Consent forms shall store documentation related to the consent given by you. Individual consent shall always be stored and documented in our systems.
Collecting personal data based on legitimate interest
We may use personal data if we have a legitimate interest to do so, and if the privacy interests of the data subjects do not prevail this interest. In practice, in order to establish the legal basis for data collection, an assessment should be made during which a mutual interest between W3N 2023 and the data subjects should be identified. This legal basis is primarily related to our sales and marketing purposes. We shall always inform data subjects about their privacy rights and the purpose for collecting personal data.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We store your personal data for as long as we find it necessary to fulfill the purpose for which your personal data was collected, while also considering our need to resolve possible problems, to comply with legal requirements under applicable laws, to attend to any legal claims/complaints, and for safeguarding purposes.
This means that we may retain your personal data for a reasonable period of time after your last interaction with us. When the personal data that we have collected is no longer required, we shall delete it in a secure manner. We may process data for statistical purposes, but in such cases, data shall be anonymized.
Do we share your data with anyone?
We do not share your personal data with any third parties without your consent, with exception to Third-Party Service and/or Product Providers who are partners and/or sponsors of W3N 2023. We may pass your personal data on to our partners, sponsors and other associated organizations with the purpose of them providing you relevant services that are happening at or are in direct relation to the W3N 2023 conference.
If required by law we shall disclose your personal information if required by law or if we, as a legal entity, reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process. However, we shall do out utmost to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
Your rights to your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data that W3N 2023 retains about you
- The right to request that W3N 2023 corrects your personal data if inaccurate or out of date
- The right to request that your personal data is deleted when it is no longer necessary for W3N 2023 to retain such data
- The right to withdraw any consent to personal data processing at any time. For example, your consent to receive our newsletters:If you want to withdraw your consent to our newsletters, please make use of the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of our newsletters to manage your subscriptions
- If you want to withdraw your consent to our press releases, please let us know by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The right to request that W3N 2023 provides you with your personal data and, if possible, to pass on this information directly (in a portable format) to another data controller when the processing is based on consent or contract
- The right to request a restriction on further data processing in case there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data
- The right to object to the processing of personal data in case data processing has been based on legitimate interest and/or direct marketing
Any query about your privacy rights should be sent to email@example.com
If we make amendments that significantly alter our privacy practices, we shall notify you by email with a notice prior to the amendments taking effect.
Your right to complain with a supervisory authority
If you are unhappy with the way your personal data has been processed, you may, in the first instance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you remain dissatisfied with a decision, then you have the right to apply directly to the Estonian Data Protection Inspectorate. The supervisory authority can be contacted at:
Estonian Data Protection Inspectorate